When it comes to hiring the best people for your company, you need to do more than simply post a job ad and wait for candidates to apply. You should also be regularly working to build a strong employer brand. When you’re known as one of the top North Houston employers, the best candidates will be far more likely to want to work at your organization – and you’ll be able to attract and hire higher quality people, as a result.
Not only that but by building a strong employer brand, you will also be able to:
- Source good candidates faster, resulting in lower cost-per-hire.
- Encourage existing staff to refer their network to you when there are job openings.
- Boost retention since employees feel proud to work at an employer with a strong brand.
- Improve job offer acceptance ratios.
But if you haven’t been proactive with building a strong employer brand, where do you begin? If you want to become one of Kingwood’s top employers, one of the best places to start is with your current employees. Your existing staff likely has opinions about what they love about working for your company and what they think needs to change. To solicit their feedback, you can simply create an online questionnaire where you ask them questions such as:
- What was your experience like during the hiring process? Would you describe it as more positive or negative? Why?
- What made you decide to accept the offer with our company? What was most important to you in a potential employer?
- What do you like most about working here? Least?
- What factors do you think hinder employee motivation and productivity? How can we change them?
- How would you define the company’s mission and vision?
- What do you think makes us unique as an employer?
Once you have a good amount of feedback from your employees, you’ll begin to see patterns emerge. The goal is to take the insight you’ve learned to make impactful changes throughout your company that have a positive effect on the culture there. With changes in place, you can then promote them throughout your company, on your career website, on social media, and during the hiring process, all to help you build a stronger employer brand as one of Kingwood’s best companies.
Need help creating a strong employer brand for your company?
Call the experts at Kingwood Personnel. We know what today’s top candidates want in potential employers and can help ensure you’re meeting their needs, while also promoting what makes you unique during the hiring process. Learn more about building a reputation as one of North Houston’s best companies by contacting Kingwood Personnel today.